Location: Waterfront, Cape Town
Education level: Matric. Training provided
Job level: Junior
Type: 3 month contract, extension possible
The Lean Institute Africa (a not-for-profit company, based at the UCT Graduate School of Business, doing applied research to improve operational performance) is looking for someone with basic bookkeeping skills to join the team. Candidates who are interested and meet the minimum requirements, as detailed below, are invited to apply.
- Administrative tasks, as well as data capturing
- Maintains and updates accounting records
- Debtors and creditors management
- Maintains bank account records
- Liaises with clients, staff and foreign office
- Flags discrepancies
- Assists with budget preparation
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Double entry accounting knowledge
- MS Office proficiency, especially Excel
- Proven skills and experience with an accounting package
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- An analytical thinking-style, with attention to detail
- Able to learn new systems quickly
Download this job description here.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a short motivational letter, reflecting your availability and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 October 2014. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.