The Lean Institute Africa (LIA) is experiencing increasing demand for its services to lean practitioners in Southern Africa and needs a person in the Cape Town office to support its business development. LIA is a not-for-profit company based at the Graduate School of Business, University of Cape Town.
As a small growing organisation LIA needs someone with the ability to learn rapidly and adapt to opportunities.
The Office Manager is responsible for the internal operations of the Lean Institute Africa (LIA). This includes managing the office staff, and ensuring the smooth running of LIA’s operations, including education events, conferences, projects and research. You will report directly to the CEO and will also engage regularly with the board of directors.
The particular responsibilities include:
- Managing the LIA Events Coordinator:
- Working with the Events Coordinator, you will be responsible for the smooth running of LIA’s public and in-house workshops, any additional workshops, Summits and conferences and marketing related events where a LIA representative or guest is the keynote or invited speaker. This includes the preparation, registration and evaluation of events.
- You will need to ensure LIA management has an accurate picture of the status of all upcoming events, and feedback from past events, using and improving on current systems
- Managing the LIA Financial Officer:
- Working with the Financial Officer, you will be responsible for providing management with a clear picture of LIAs financial situation on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- You will need to develop systems and improve on current systems to ensure reliable financial controls and reporting for LIA.
- You will be responsible for LIA’s internal policies and procedures, particularly relating to Human Resources – both LIA staff and contractors. This includes the scheduling of work for LIA contractors and their payment. You will need to able to work with and implement current office technology and software.
- You will maintain an overview of all of the work LIA is involved in, and be able to provide project leaders and management with the status of all or a particular project at any time, including both a narrative report and a financial report.
- You will be the first point of contact for enquiries that LIA receives, responding to them personally or passing them on to the relevant person in LIA. You will need to become familiar with LIA’s offerings to the extent that you are able to address enquiries from our client’s and potential client’s senior management.
- You will be responsible for governance issues within LIA, including liaising with the board of directors and ensuring all governance requirements are met.
It is expected that the incumbent will be a forward thinking, pro-active, implementation orientated, results-driven individual of high integrity capable of taking responsibility for the initiatives under their management. The ability to create value for customers, work in a team, develop the people that report to you, build sustainable management systems and continuously improve performance is required.
- 8 years of relevant experience.
- First university degree.
Between R375k and R425k per year, cost to company.
To apply, please send a 2 page CV and short motivational letter outlining your suitability for the position to email@example.com. The job will be advertised until the position is filled, and LIA reserves the right to not fill the position.